On Friday last week I was nominated by BayRunnerJamie for the Shine On Award. I was pretty excited about that because it was neat to be nominated for something on my blog.
I am not certain how I came across Jamie’s blog but I remember seeing a blog about a hike she did with her dog at Lands End Trail. I read it and it reminded me of our trip to San Francisco that we had just taken in May. We had also ran along this trail so it was nice to read about a fellow runner exploring it as well and seeing her pictures. I enjoy Jamie’s post and it sounds like she and I have a lot in common from running to a love of food.
The Shine On Award is a great way to network and honor the blogs we like to read. The rules for this blog award are simple:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs
5. Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog
So, 7 things about Drill Sargent Beattie, AKA Kyla:
1. I have really long and skinny feet. My sneakers are a size 12AA and I can only wear Asics.
2. I like to paint my toe nails two different colors. I have a friend who calls me Smartie or Skittle toes depending on the colors.
3. I like to make up words to songs when I sing them.
4. I am a gifted car dancer.
5. I love ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate. And if they are all together I am in one HAPPY girl.
6. I have one tattoo and it is my husband’s name on my wrist. It will be the only one I ever get.
7. I love kids movies and my favorite is The Lion King. I saw it four times in the theater when it came out. Yup…love it.
And now to nominate my fellow bloggers and in no particular order. They are:
2. Got Curls
9. Run Kate Run
So, here are a few blogs that I enjoy reading their posts and I hope you will check them out and find something that interests you.
Thanks again Jamie for the nomination and remember to pay it forward fellow bloggers.