So, what does 2014 bring me for goals and things I want to achieve? Warren and I had a chat about these things over our appetizer at home on New Year’s Eve and these are what I came up with…plus a few more I have thought of after the fact.
- Take even a second off each of my 2013 Island Series race times. There are eight races in the series and it starts on January 12th with an 8k run.
- Run the Scotiabank Blue Nose Marathon on May 18th in Halifax, NS. It will be my first marathon and I would like to finish in 3:31 but would be happy if I completed the race in under 4 hours.
- Track my monthly running totals to see how far I actually do run in a month
- Run Around the World with fellow bloggers in March and April and see what kind of record we can set for the most distance bloggers run in two months
- Quick feet
- Complete the process of becoming a personal trainer over the next year
- Try something new and be open to new things. Not sure what those things are but I will keep open mind and be ready for anything.
- Do something that challenges me at work
- Try and post once a day
- Have my own domain name and a new site that reflects who I am
- Keep up to date with what my fellow bloggers are doing and comment more
- Ask Patti to set me up with a new workout routine at the gym in January
- Get myself back at the gym and lifting weights 2-3 times a week
- Eat less sweets. Limit myself to one a month and make it count.
- Continue to support and encourage others who want to make the change to a healthy lifestyle. I will be support for anyone if they just ask.
- Injury free and healthy
Marriage (last but not least):
- Continue to grow and explore new places with my best friend
- Keep our lines of communication open
- Have fun and laugh lots
- Help motivate and encourage
- Go on more road trips
I am sure there are more goals for 2014 that will come to mind or just pop up as the year goes on but for now these are some of them. I will do my best to complete all and give them the dedication and determination they deserve.
Did you write out your 2014 goals? If so share a few with me.