So, yesterday was Super Bowl 48 and it was the first one that Warren and I have ever watched at Chateau Beattie. Last year I got invited to our neighbors place to watch the game and I sort of watched it but it was more a social time. I know though that is really what Super Bowl is about along with the food.
Above is a Super Bowl workout that TartanJogger posted on her blog yesterday. I had seen a different one earlier in the morning but liked the looks of this workout better. Most people like to sit and enjoy drinks and food, which I did but I thought it would be a fun way to entertain myself while watching the game. I also had hoped I could learn some terminology of the game.
I had downloaded the workout to my phone and had it up on my screen ready as soon as the game started. Less than 15 seconds into the game there was a “safety”. No idea what that is but it meant I had 20 push-ups. Warren started doing the exercises with me but soon gave up after three or four.
So, what did I end up doing for the game?
- Touchdown: 6 x 25 jumping jacks= 150
- Field goal: 6 x 20 reverse crunches = 120
- Beer commercial: 2 x 10 push-ups= 20
- First down: 25 x 20 bicycle crunches=500
- 4th-down conversion: 7 x 30-second faux jump rope= 7
- Extra point: 1 x 10 up and down plank because I didn’t know what bridges were=1 or 10
- Personal foul: 4 x 10 walking lunges= 40
- Timeout: 5 x 25 squats = 125
- Interception: 5 x 10 burpees= 50
- Fumble: 4 x 10 dips on the sofa= 40
- 2-point conversion: 1 x The Macarena (yes, I know how to do this dance)
- Kick returned for touchdown: 1 x 45- second wall sit
- Safety= 1 x 20 push-ups= 20
I am pretty sure I missed some of the exercises that I should have done because if they didn’t say the exact name of the play I didn’t do it or know to do it. I am sure there were probably more fumbles and interceptions that I missed but I was probably doing my first down bicycle crunches and missed them.
I had fun and enjoyed the game, food, wine and doing something different from what we normally do.
Did you do a workout like this while watching the game? Were you happy with who won?